- BSc in Wildlife and Forestry, University of Dschang, Cameroon
- MSc in Management of Natural Resources, Agricultural University of Norway
- PhD in Ecology, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (2003)
- Postdoctoral research in Life History Strategies and Evolutionary Ecology (2003-2005) at: The Norwegian University of Life Sciences, The Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis at the University of Oslo, and Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Évolutive at Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 in France.
- Associate Professor of Animal Ecology (since June 2012)
- Assistant Professor of Animal Ecology (July 2007 – May 2012)
- Associate Researcher at Zoo de Granby since 2014 (Welfare and behaviour of Captive Wildlife)
- “Chargé de cours” in Biostatistics at Université du Québec à Rimouski (2007)
- Research Associate at the NSERC-Produits Forestiers Anticosti Industrial Research Chair (Department of Biology, Laval University, Canada (2005-2006)
- Between 1994 and 1999, Wildlife Officer for the Department of Wildlife and Protected Areas (Cameroon Government), and biologist for the World Wildlife Fund for Nature – Cameroon Program Office with research on large mammals (mainly elephants and black rhinoceros), as well as management of wildlife and protected areas.