- Facilities Optimization Program (FOP) Award from Concordia University
- Matching funds for the above mention FOP from the “Reindeer Herder’s Association of Finland”
- Research Grant from the Zoo of Granby: Concordia-Granby Zoo Initiative in Ecology, Conservation and Welfare of Captive Wildlife
- Discovery Grant (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada): 2006-2011 for the project: Testing mating systems theory in a polygynous model system: the reindeer/caribou (Rangifer tarandus)
- Research Grant from the Zoo of Granby: Red Panda Project – Activity Budget and Zoo Visitor Effects
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador; Department of Natural Resources (Centre for Forest Science and Innovation)
- FQRNT Etablissement de nouveaux chercheurs, for the project: Fecal hormones as a non-invasive population monitoring and management method for woodland caribou
- Facilities Optimization Program Award from Concordia University
- Discovery Grant (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada): 2006-2011 for the project: The ecology of reproduction in reindeer/caribou (Rangifer tarandus) – implications for population dynamics
- Guest researcher travel grant from the Norwegian University of Life Science for my 2007 reindeer field season in Finland and Norway
- Population Ecology of Large herbivores, Start-up grant, Concordia University (2007-2009)
- Concordia University Faculty Research Development Program award (2007-2009)
- Travel grant from the Norway-Canada Bilateral Program, Norwegian Research Council (budget ~ 18000 $), together with Dr Oystein Holand (Norwegian University of Life Sciences) and Dr Steeve Côté (Université Laval).
2003 – 2005:
- Two years postdoctoral fellowship from the Norwegian Research Council
- Mobility grant (~11000 $) from the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (miljøforsk) to visit UK and France (with Dr Geir Steinheim) to discuss the initiation an international research proposal on climate and European ungulates.